Aug 29, 2012

Emory: Lullwater

Photobucket
Lullwater is one of my favorite places on Emory's campus. It's a large park nestled on the grounds of the University, crisscrossed with quiet forest trails surrounding a large lake. There are wild mushrooms and ferns, little glens, and places to sit and reflect.

A few weeks ago I took a walk at dusk around the pond. It was nice to watch the sun set over the lake and the resident herons stretch their wings in the fading light as the air cooled and the fireflies came out.

Things have been crazy lately with people moving back to campus and school starting (I have my first day of class tomorrow!). Somehow, in the middle of it all, I managed to get a terrible cold. In August. Who does that? Hopefully I'll be feeling at least a bit better by tomorrow!

Photobucket Photobucket Photobucket Photobucket Photobucket Photobucket Photobucket Photobucket Photobucket Photobucket Photobucket