May 18, 2012

The family comes to London!

Two weeks ago my parents came to visit me in London! It was so, so nice to see them and spend time together (sadly, minus my older sister). While they were here we explored the city, saw a show, ate lots of food, and went to Brussels, Belgium, for a weekend trip.

After my parents arrived on Friday the 4th we all headed to the London Review Cakeshop for a late lunch of soup, sandwiches, tea, and cake (lemon, rosemary, and olive oil and chocolate, cherry, and marscapone). After lunch we stopped by the British Museum (yeah, Rosetta Stone!) and walked around UCL's campus before heading to the train station to go to Brussels!

Our first night in Belgium involved walks in the rain, veggie burgers, and yummy fries. Not too bad a way to end the night, if I do say so myself (yes, all I did friday was eat; don't judge me.). Stay tuned for pictures of Brussels!

Photobucket Photobucket Photobucket Photobucket Photobucket Photobucket Photobucket Photobucket Photobucket Photobucket Photobucket Photobucket