May 17, 2012

Amsterdam: Museumplein

We spent our last day in Amsterdam around the Museumplein, or "museum square". Unfortunately, it was a fairly cool and rainy day, but that made museum touring all that much better! Hayley and I walked along the canals, saw the Van Gogh Museum, wandered around Voldelpark, visited the Rijksmuseum (about the history/culture of Amsterdam), and walked through the Bloomenmarket again. 

We got lunch at a tiny cafe near the museums. I had the most amazing sandwich: sesame bread with avocados, eggs, lemon mayo, sun-dried tomatoes, salt, and pepper. So tasty

I really enjoyed my time in Amsterdam; it's a beautiful city, and there's so much to do! If you visit, I highly recommend getting the Museumkaart; it makes museum hopping affordable!


Photobucket Photobucket Photobucket Photobucket Photobucket Photobucket Photobucket Photobucket Photobucket Photobucket Photobucket Photobucket Photobucket Photobucket Photobucket Photobucket