May 7, 2012

Amsterdam: Jodenbuurt

During our second day in Amsterdam Hayley and I walked around Oosterpark and Jodenbuurt (the Jewish quarter) and went to a ton of museums: the Tropenmuseum (anthropology),  the Verzetsmuseum (the Dutch Resistance Museum), the NEMO (an interactive science museum), and the Scheepvaart Museum (the maritime museum, where we toured an old ship!). 

We got lunch by the Verzetsmuseum at "Burgermeaster", which I
 totally recommend! I got two "sliders"; one with feta, dates, almonds, and honey, and the other with red lentils, eggplant puree, and fennel. So good.

Photobucket Photobucket Photobucket Photobucket Photobucket Photobucket Photobucket Photobucket Photobucket Photobucket Photobucket Photobucket Photobucket Photobucket Photobucket Photobucket
We ended the day drinking amazing Dutch beer under a windmill at Brouwerij 't IJ. And I have pictures to prove I didn't make that sentence up.