Feb 6, 2012

London: Queens Park Rangers

On Saturday I braved thirty degree weather to see a football match! For all you Americans out there with the Superbowl on your minds, that means soccer. After a wonderful day spent cheering (and freezing!) I went home for some hot tea, a warm home made dinner, and... snow!

Photobucket

The football match was an Emory sponsored event and we cheered on the Queens Park Rangers (QPR) as they played the Wolves. The fans were absolutely crazy, and we chowed down on (veggie friendly) Pukka-Pies and hot chocolate during half time.

Photobucket
Photobucket

The game itself was awesome, even though QPR lost. The final score was 1-2, so it was at least a really close match! We sat right behind the goal, so our seats were the perfect place to see all of the action.

Photobucket
Photobucket
Photobucket
Photobucket
Photobucket
Photobucket
Photobucket
Photobucket

After we got back to the dorm I literally couldn't feel my toes! It was that cold. I made dinner and was just settling in for the night when I looked out the window and saw snow! I was so, so excited. Around 11:30 PM Hayley and I want outside to check it out. I took a few pictures, but the snow was coming down so hard that I took my camera back upstairs before Hayley and I went on a midnight walk to see Soho in the snow.

Photobucket
Photobucket
Photobucket
Photobucket

I absolutely loved seeing London covered in snow; everything was so pretty! I was hoping to get some more shots in the morning, but by the time I woke up almost all of the snow was gone. I was really hoping for a "snow day" instead of classes on Monday!