Feb 10, 2012

London: Somerset House

It's been such a busy week, filled with homework, project meetings, and (extra) classes! On Tuesday I took a break from work and got my museum on. Van Gogh, Monet, and Manet? Yes, please.

Photobucket

I started my day off at the National Gallery, and then met up with Hayley, Yilong, Shiva, and Amanda for a lunchtime concert at St. Martin in the Fields. There were two performers; one on the viola and on on the piano, and they played a bunch of works, including five dances from Romeo and Juliet!

Photobucket
Photobucket
Photobucket

After the concert we walked to the Somerset House. They were actually setting up for London Fashion Week when we arrived, and it was neat to see them putting the stage together! Most of the exhibits were being changed but we got to go to The Courtyard Gallery (it's free for students). The gallery had everything from Degas, Cezenna, and Van Gogh to chests from Renaissance Europe!

Photobucket
Photobucket
Photobucket
Photobucket
Photobucket
Photobucket
Photobucket

That night, Hayley and I headed to dinner with UCL's vegetarian and vegan society. We ended up at a little Indian restaurant, and the food was delicious. Everyone in the club was so, so nice, and it was really fun meeting people outside of classes.

Photobucket
Photobucket

On Monday I'm leaving for a five day trip to Barcelona, Spain! I couldn't be more excited, but I'll be MIA from the blog during my travels. Suggestions for things to do and see are always welcome. Have a wonderful weekend!