Jan 3, 2012

New Jersey: Making Merry


Happy 2012! How did you ring in the New Year? I went to my friend Dan’s house, where we played board games, watched the ball drop (what was Lady Gaga even wearing?), made miniature cupcakes, and welcomed the new year with bubble wrap, sparkling apple cider, and confetti poppers!

Photobucket

The last few days have involved crazy amounts of packing and running around to get things for London! I went to a surprise going away party for my friend Jenna, who is leaving today for a semester Australia!
 
On Friday, I hosted a holiday party!  A handful of friends celebrated my departure and the holiday season. I made a ton of treats, including peppermint rice crispyballs, white chocolate dipped candy canes (inspired by Delightfully Tacky’s project), alcohol free mixed drinks, cream spearmints, and an awesome rainbow cake!

Photobucket
Photobucket
Photobucket
Photobucket
Photobucket
Photobucket

We played winter Pictionary, watched A Muppet Christmas Carol, painted sugar cookies, and ate tons of food. We also had a silly “photo booth”! It was so nice to see so many of my friends, but saying goodbye was bittersweet, since I won’t see them again for six months. I’ll definitely treasure (and laugh at) the pictures!!

Photobucket
Photobucket
Photobucket
Photobucket
Photobucket
Photobucket
Photobucket
Photobucket
Photobucket

This is my last post from the USA; tonight I’m London-bound for my semester abroad (with way too much luggage!)!