Dec 31, 2011

Feliz Navidad


Happy New Years! I can’t believe it’s nearly 2012! I hope y'all are ringing in the new year with friends! How are you spending the last moments of 2011?

Photobucket

I can't believe a week ago it was Christmas Eve; the holiday was such a blast, and it was so nice to spend time with my family. A few days before Christmas, my mom and I went to the Italian Market in Philadelphia to get fresh pasta and some cheese at Di Bruno Brothers for Christmas Eve dinner. I love going into the city when it's all dressed up for the holidays!

Photobucket
Photobucket
Photobucket
Photobucket
Photobucket
Photobucket
Photobucket

Christmas Eve my family and I ate a delicious home cooked Italian dinner and then headed to our church for a lovely Christmas Eve service. My favorite part: when we lit candles and the choir sang “silent night” in its original German. After church we drove around looking at Christmas lights, ate cookies, and headed to bed to wait for Santa!

Christmas morning my parents, sister, and I woke up for our Christmas breakfast and present opening. I had a blast watching my family opening the presents I made and purchased for them. I also got a new camera lens (The Canon EF 50mm F1.8 II)! My dad's "big gift" for my mom? An industrial shredder. Ha!

Photobucket
Photobucket
Photobucket
Photobucket
Photobucket
Photobucket
Photobucket

My mom made a wonderful dinner, with a cheese tray, vegetable pie, mashed potatoes, asparagus, and vegetarian gravy, and we had homemade peppermint ice cream, pumpkin pie, and buche de noel. I swear, I won’t be able to eat for a week (okay, maybe just the next seven hours).

Photobucket
Photobucket
Photobucket
Photobucket

The day after Christmas, a few of my friends and I made a gingerbread house. We had an awesome time eating candy and decorating (and sampling) the house!

Photobucket
Photobucket
Photobucket

My favorite picture from the day? Definatey this one!

Photobucket