Dec 29, 2011

O Christmas Tree

I know I'm super duper late, but merry Christmas, everyone! I hope you all had a lovely holiday with family and friends. I know I did! How did you spend the twenty-fifth? 

I really can't believe that I was in Charleston, SC just two weeks ago. Time is flying!

Photobucket

Before we left Charleston, my parents and I visited Patriot's Point, where we toured the USS Yorktown battleship and the USS Clamagore, a retired naval submarine. It was really cool to walk around and see what a battle ship looks like from the inside! 

Photobucket
Photobucket
Photobucket
Photobucket

After Patriot's Point, we hit the road again: this time for home (New Jersey). A few days after we got home my dad and I took a trip to a local farm to cut down a Christmas tree. We always get a blue spruce, because my mom thinks they smell the best! We picked out the perfect tree and cut it down ourselves, which was super fun.

Photobucket
Photobucket
Photobucket

On the twenty-first I celebrated my friend Marie's twenty-first birthday with a few other friends. We went to City Tap House in Philadelphia to celebrate, which was a total blast! 

Photobucket
Photobucket
Photobucket

Over the past few weeks, my mom and I have done a ton of baking! There are way too many cookies in our house right now. I also made gum drops (pictured below) to give my dad for Christmas. I used this Bakerella recipe, and they turned out wonderfully! 

Photobucket
Photobucket
Photobucket

I've been non-stop packing these past few days! I can't believe I'll be in London is less than a week; eeek!! Speaking of which, any packing suggestions? Hopefully I'll be able to sneak in another post about my Christmas adventures before I leave!