Aug 12, 2011

The Sound of Summer


As I write this, I can hear the crickets chirping and the leaves rusting in the trees. The last few weeks have been jam packed with packing for my junior year of college and doing little adventures in New Jersey, and it's nice to just sit here and soak up the last of summer. I can’t believe that I’ll be heading back to Georgia in less than a week! Time is just flying by. Do you have any fun end-of-summer plans?

Photobucket

A while back, my friend Jess and I visited the Woodford Cedar Run Wildlife Refuge, where we walked the trails in the Pine Barrens, eat wild blueberries, and see all of the amazing animals the refuge rehabilitates. They had everything from owls to foxes and deer, and it was fun to explore the area!

Photobucket
Photobucket
Photobucket
Photobucket
Photobucket

At the end of July, my parents decided to take an impromptu day trip to Long Beach Island in New Jersey. I tagged along, and we got to climb the lighthouse and sit on the beach eating a picnic lunch. Even though it was cloudy for our time by the water, it was still a ton of fun!

Photobucket
Photobucket

My friends Jess and Emily and I decided to drive to Princeton, New Jersey, to visit Princeton University. My dad used to work there and it's less than an hour drive, so I figured it was about time I saw the school! We wandered around looking at the buildings, went in the school museum, and got amazing ice cream at Halo Pub before heading home.

Photobucket
Photobucket
Photobucket

Last weekend, my friend Marie and I went to the Radio 104.5 Summer Block Party at the Piazza at Schmidt's. The concert was free, and we got to see The Naked and Famous and The Airborne Toxic Event perform live; two bands I love! We had a blast going to the concert, walking around Philly, and catching dinner before taking the train home. Check out TNAF’s “Young Blood”!

Photobucket
Photobucket

On Monday, I headed down to the Jersey shore, to Ocean City, with my fiends Joyce, Jess, and Reema. We spent a ton of time in the water because it was so hot, and grabbed ice cream on the boardwalk before driving home. It was so nice to spend time relaxing with friends on the beach!

Photobucket
Photobucket
Photobucket
 Photobucket

I couldn’t resist adding that blog is officially one year old! I can’t believe I stuck with blogging for so long, and I’m so happy I have. I’ve met so many amazing people, and made so many special memories because of blogging. To everyone who has read, commented, and encouraged in the past year: thank you. I can't even put in words how much it has all meant to me.