Aug 15, 2011

Family, Food, and Friends


I had a total blast this weekend! My family and I went to dinner in Philadelphia, I got to see my grandmother and a bunch of my friends, and my parents and I went to the Grounds for Sculpture, one of my favorite places ever. What did you do during the weekend? 

 Photobucket

On Friday night, my family went to dinner at Audrey Claire, a sweet little restaurant in Philadelphia. The food was delicious! I got a baby arugula salad with candied figs, fresh berries, lentils, and warm goat cheese for a starter, and pappardelle with portabello mushrooms, sautéed arugula, toasted sunflower seeds and shaved locatelli as my main course (yes, that is a lot of fancy food terminology I don't understand, but still enjoyed eating). Yum! 

Photobucket
Photobucket
Photobucket
Photobucket

After dinner, my parents, sister and I nabbed dessert at Capogiro’s (avocado and sweet cream gelato? yes, please!) and walked around Philadelphia before heading home.

Photobucket
Photobucket 

On Saturday, my parents and I headed to the Grounds for Sculpture, where we walked around the art work, explored the grounds, and ate tasty Caio Bella sorbet (mango and lemon!). Just to prove I go here way too much, here are my last two visits.  I finished the day up with board games with friends!

Photobucket
Photobucket
Photobucket
Photobucket
Photobucket
Photobucket
 Photobucket
Photobucket
 Photobucket
Photobucket
Photobucket
Photobucket
Photobucket

Sunday, my parents and I drove up to Media, Pennsylvania, (in the pouring rain) to have a tasty Thai lunch with my grandmother, so I could see her one last time before I leave for school. I had amazing Thai red curry, and it was super nice to see my grandmother! 

I leave for a short, mini vacation on the way to college on Wednesday; wish me luck with packing! How do you motivate yourself to start packing? I'm having a terrible time this year!