Jul 13, 2011

Meet Me in the Summertime


Last Wednesday, I drove to New Jersey shore to visit my college friend, Megan. She and her family were spending the week in Seaside Heights, and we had a total blast together. On Sunday, my dad and I headed to the pine barrens (a beautiful, forested area in southern New Jersey), where we visited a cranberry bog, and wandered around awesome trails!

Photobucket

Wednesday night, Megan, her family, and I went to Carnival Pier to eat dinner (tasty broccoli pizza) and visit the boardwalk carnival. We had a ton of fun going on the goofy amusement rides (including a mighty mouse roller coaster and a haunted house), and afterwards we wandered the boardwalk and ate deep fried Oreos with Megan’s childhood friends, Terrance and Olivia.

Photobucket
Photobucket
Photobucket
Photobucket

We spent Thursday at the beach, swimming in the chilly water, playing soccer, and sitting in the sun. That night, we headed to Terrance’s house for ice cream (Pillsbury cake flavor; yum!) and video games. Friday was another beach day, and I headed home in the afternoon in torrential rain. I had a ton of fun meeting Megan’s family and spending time on the beach!

Photobucket

Sunday, my dad and I drove to the Pine Barrens, which is full of beautiful pine trees, lakes, and wildlife. We walked around an old cranberry bog, which had tons of wild blueberries and blackberries growing around it! I ate a ton, and picked some to bring home to my mom and sister.

Photobucket
Photobucket
Photobucket
Photobucket
Photobucket
Photobucket
Photobucket
Photobucket
Photobucket

My dad and I also went to Brendan T. Byrne State Forest, where we wandered around backwoods trails, walked around a lake, and saw a bunch of beautiful things, including pitcher and sundew plants (they’re both carnivorous!).

Photobucket
Photobucket
Photobucket
Photobucket
Photobucket
Photobucket

Did you do anything fun during the week?