Jul 5, 2011

Independence Day

Happy July Fourth, everyone! I hope all of my American readers enjoyed fireworks, family, and barbeque. For everyone else; I hope you enjoyed a wonderfully relaxing weekend!

Photobucket

The last week of June was my last week in Savannah. I spent it eating lots of amazing green curry from Ruan Thai, doing a last walk down River Street in the pouring rain, having a flower made for my mom and I (above), eating Leopold’s ice cream, presenting my research, eating cupcakes from Just Desserts Savannah, and having a blast getting sushi with the kids in the REU program.

Photobucket
Photobucket
Photobucket
Photobucket
Photobucket
Photobucket 
Photobucket


My internship was awesome, and I feel so blessed to have so many amazing memories from the experience! 

Photobucket
Photobucket
Photobucket
Photobucket
Photobucket
Photobucket
Photobucket
Photobucket

Friday, July first, I returned home to New Jersey for the rest of the summer. Saturday, my mom and I visited a local farmer’s market and I took a walk through the park with one of my best friends, Amanda, as we caught up on our summer adventures.
Photobucket
Photobucket
Photobucket
Photobucket
Photobucket

I spent July third/fourth in Avalon, New Jersey, swimming and tanning (er, burning?) at a friend’s beach house. We drove home the night of the Fourth of July and made it just in time for more fireworks with my dad; we watched them from the green of a golf course!

Photobucket

How did you spend your Fourth of July (or weekend!)?