Jun 28, 2011

An Athens Wedding

Thursday morning my parents came to Savannah to pick me up for my cousin Anna's wedding in Athens, Georgia! I spent Thursday catching up with my parents and celebrating my mom's birthday, and Friday toasting the bride at the rehearsal dinner and bridal luncheon. 

Photobucket

On Thursday my parents and I ate lunch in Savannah at Goose Feathers CafĂ©, where I got an amazing tomato, onion, basil, and avocado quiche, and my parents got "the telfair" sandwich (Havarti cheese with cucumbers, sprouts, tomatoes and avocado on multigrain bread). For dessert we went to Leopold’s Ice Cream, where my mom got the lemon custard and I got the rum bisque; creamy rum ice cream with marzipan macaroon chunks!

Photobucket
Photobucket
Photobucket
Photobucket
Photobucket

After driving all day to get to Athens (and passing a million cows!), my family went to The National restaurant to celebrate my mom’s fifty-forth birthday. My parents, sister, and I were joined by my aunt, uncle, and grandmother. The food was fantastic, and it was so nice to spend time with family. I got a kale salad (parmesan, onions, pecans, crispy capers, and tomato-sumac vinaigrette) and a veggie plate. For dessert, my sister and I shared a brownie with chocolaye ice cream and pomegranate chcolate scause (goodness; all I do is eat!).

Photobucket
Photobucket
Photobucket
Photobucket
Photobucket
Photobucket
Photobucket
Photobucket
Photobucket

We stayed at the Foundry Park Inn http://www.foundryparkinn.com/, where the wedding took place. Friday morning, my family and I went to the bridal luncheon at the Hoyt House.

Photobucket
Photobucket
Photobucket
Photobucket
Photobucket

Friday night  headed into downtown Athens for the rehearsal dinner. There was a ton of amazing food and entertaining toasts! Afterwards, we headed to AthFest, an awesome week long music festival in Athens. We listened to music on the street and at Farm 255, and then headed to The Grill for some amazing vanilla milkshakes before bed. Whew!   

I’ll have another post for the Saturday wedding and Sunday festivities; check back soon!