Jan 9, 2011

Snow White

Goodness. Snow on Friday and Saturday, and maybe Sunday and Monday, too! Why can’t I be out having snowball fights, sledding, and drinking hot chocolate instead of packing for school? No fair!

Photobucket
( jeans: J. Crew, boots: Nine West, hat: L.L.Bean, 
scarf: Unknown, coat: Jason Kole, gloves: Target ) 

Thursday my mom and I went to Ritz Camera to order a new lens for my upcoming birthday (it’s a just released Tamron 18-270 mm and I’m kind of freaking out while it ships. I’m also now kind of super poor.) and then headed to Grounds for Sculpture. If you’re ever in New Jersey you really need to go; it’s 35 magnificent acres featuring well over 250 awesome sculptures. My mom and I wandered around and grabbed a late lunch at the Peacock Café on the grounds (whole grain and melted cheese sandwich and amazing beet soup). And, of course, I took a bunch of pictures.

Photobucket
Photobucket
Photobucket

Afterward we went to a farmers market and Halo Dairy Farm (970 Spruce St, Trenton, NJ 08648). Halo has the best homemade ice cream on earth, and my family loves it so much that when we moved from Princeton to outside of Philadelphia we continued to make the hour or so drive to haul back pints of the stuff.

Photobucket
Photobucket
Photobucket
Photobucket
Photobucket

The second picture above is ice! How cool is that?

Thursday night some friends and I went out to eat at a hibachi restaurant (where they cook in front of you) called Kabuki . I was lame at got (non-hibachi) teriyaki chicken, which I wasn’t all that impressed with, but it was fun to see everyone and watch the hibachi get made! Afterward we walked over to a nearby frozen yogurt place called Kiwi Yogurt for froyo (yum!) and then wandered around in the cold looking at Christmas lights.

Photobucket
Photobucket
Photobucket

Friday morning I woke up to glorious, fat snowflakes and a dusting of snow. My grandmother came over and, as a Christmas present, she went and got a manicure and pedicure with me (bright pink toes and sparkly silver nails? Yes, please!). Since I will be away at school on my birthday my family celebrated my twentieth a little early by having a tasty dinner of my mom’s chicken tikka masala and vegetable Korma. I opened a few presents—including Pacifica perfume, Star Wars Trouble (a board game), and the regional Star Wars movies on DVD—and then we had dessert. My mom made angel food cake and panna cotta, and we had tasty fresh berries, too. I just about stuffed myself silly! Afterwards I left to go to my friend Marie’s belated New Years party, which was a ton of fun.

Photobucket
Photobucket

I woke up on Saturday to even more snow, which was a happy surprise. We got 3-5 inches, and the snow kept coming until the middle of the afternoon! I packed for my trip back to Atlanta and made and decorated Star Wars cookies with my family (you can see last year’s here) for a small get-together I had at my house that night (I also made a few for The Boy in Atlanta!). We ate Halo ice cream and cookies, watched Analyze This and Saturday Night Live, and chatted, which was a fun way to say goodbye to everyone!

Photobucket
Photobucket
Photobucket
Photobucket

I go back to Atlanta tonight. The Boy is picking me up at the airport so we can hightail it back to campus for a crazy evening of switching dorms, freaking out about the 4-6 inches of snow predicted for Georgia, checking out of my old room by midnight, and seeing college friends. I’m going to miss home and my friends here, but I have to say that I’m more than a little excited for the upcoming semester. Once I start my five class schedule on Wednesday I might change my mind, though!

 Listening to:
stuttering - the friday night boys