Oct 18, 2010

Atlanta Botanical Gardens

A final recap from last weekend (the 9th and 10th), when my mom came to visit. To see what I got up to on Friday, click here!

Photobucket

On Saturday my mom and I went to the Atlanta Botanical Gardens, where we walked through all of the flower exhibits (including one with giant glass “fruit”, and an orchid exhibit), and we got to see a garden chef demo!

Photobucket
Photobucket
Photobucket
Photobucket
Photobucket
Photobucket
Photobucket
Photobucket
Photobucket
Photobucket
Photobucket

The botanical garden has an “edible garden” portion, and they host cooking demonstrations featuring seasonal produce from their garden. We watched a chef make a , and it was super yummy! Plus, it was naturally pink for breast cancer awareness month. How cool is that?

Photobucket
Photobucket
Photobucket
Photobucket

That afternoon my mom and I went to Little Five Points, a funky area in Atlanta. We browsed the secondhand stores for a little bit, and then got lunch at the Vortex. My mom got these amazing sweet potato fries, which came with Tasmanian pepper berry sauce (sort of sweet with a bit of a kick) and a marshmallow sauce (think fluff, only better), and I got a half caesar salad, half vegetarian chili dish, which came with this super good jalapeƱo corn bread! Yum.

Photobucket
Photobucket
Photobucket

After lunch/dinner (linner?), my mom and I went to the Oakhurst Arts and Music Festival. There was a band and super cute craft booths; I ended up getting two pendants and two presents for my friends back home, and after that my mom and I retired to her hotel room where we watched TV and passed out. Phew! How cute are the little knitted cupcakes below?

Photobucket
Photobucket

 On Sunday my mom and I visited the North Georgia Premium Outlets . We didn’t find too much, but I ended up getting a few things, which I can’t wait to show y’all! We also got dinner at Farm Burger, which I totally recommend! On Monday we went to the Lenox  Square Mall  to look for a much needed winter coat (I’m in LOVE with the one I found). We finished up with dinner at Spice Market, which was super tasty. We got vegetables in this beautiful green curry and char grilled chicken with kumquat lemongrass dressing (with a side of coconut sticky rice!). We finished the night off with two super amazing desserts; an olvaltine kulfi (kind of like fudge) with caramelized banana, caramel popcorn, and spiced milk chocolate sauce, and, the most amazing thing ever, a white chocolate yuzu pavlova with cumin ice cream and thai basil syrup on the side. My mouth is watering just typing that!

After a quick Whole Foods breakfast on Tuesday, my mom left to return home. It was sad to see her go, but nice to have a little time to unwind by myself! Then it was back to the weekly grindstone; whoohoo. I promise I’ll post actual outfit posts again soon!

Listening To-
BaBopByeYa - Janelle Monae