Oct 24, 2013

PUMPKIN PATCH

 photo IMG_9363_zpsd5c73610.jpg

Lately it's been feeling a lot like fall. Our sweet little North Portland neighborhood is full of beautiful, vibrant colors that make my heart sing, and the house down the street has the cutest Halloween decorations I ever did see. My morning commutes are brisk, and my evenings are spent curled up in a cozy blanket with my textbooks and a mug of tea.

Last Sunday Hannah and I went to a little pumpkin patch on Sauvie Island, just north of our home. The weather was sunny and lovely and we got Pumpkin Spice Lattes beforehand (I have to confess, they're not actually my favorite. I know, I know... I'm a bad blogger!), and a homemade caramel apple at the farm. I couldn't believe how beautiful the fields looked--brown earth covered in flecks of orange, spread out underneath a perfectly blue sky.

I was tempted to break with tradition and get one of the big white pumpkins that were scattered about the field, but decided against it. We ended up getting two perfectly round carving pumpkins and a handful of decorative ones, which are currently scattered around our apartment as little everyday reminders of this wonderful season.

How are you making the most of October?

IMG_9343  photo IMG_9360_zps91dae4de.jpg  photo IMG_9381_zps21000c08.jpg  photo IMG_9375_zpsa5a1a7dd.jpg  photo IMG_9352_zps7815e7a8.jpg  photo IMG_9377_zpsc780d0a1.jpg
IMG_9367