Mar 25, 2012

London: The V&A

A few weeks ago, Hayley and I took a little day trip to see The Victoria and Albert Museum (V&A), Royal Albert Hall, Kensignton Garden, and Hyde Park!

Photobucket

Apparently, the V&A is the world's largest museum of decorative art and design. It might be one of my favorite museums on earth; I don't think I've ever seen so many beautiful things in one place. Here are a few (er... a lot) shots from the museum:

Photobucket
Photobucket
Photobucket
Photobucket
Photobucket
Photobucket
Photobucket
Photobucket
Photobucket
Photobucket
Photobucket
Photobucket
Photobucket
Photobucket
Photobucket
Photobucket
Photobucket
Photobucket
Photobucket
Photobucket
Photobucket
Photobucket
Photobucket
Photobucket
Photobucket

After the museum we checked out The Royal Albert Hall and took a walk through Kensignton Garden and Hyde Park to see all of the spring flowers!

Photobucket
Photobucket
Photobucket
Photobucket
Photobucket
Photobucket
Photobucket
Photobucket
Photobucket
Photobucket
Photobucket

We ended our day with a delicious Indian dinner on Brick Lane with the other Emory study abroad students. It's amazing how much you can eat when it's free! I more than got my fill of veggie samosas, curry, mango lassie (I also tried banana and salt lassi!), and creamy dessert popsicles. Yumm.

Photobucket
Photobucket
Photobucket
Photobucket

I'm off to spend five days Amsterdam in the morning! I absolutely can't wait to see the tulips and canals!