Dec 10, 2011

Charleston SC

I'm officially back home for winter break! Last Saturday, my parents and I started our 13.5 hour car journey from Georgia to New Jersey. Along the way, we made a few fun stops: one in Augusta, GA, and another in Charleston, SC! 

Photobucket

Last Friday night my parents arrived in Atlanta, Georgia, and we ate a wonderful vegetarian dinner at Cafe Sunflower in Atlanta, complete with delicious vegan chocolate cake! I can't get over how much amazing food Atlanta has.

Saturday morning we packed my mom's minivan with all my stuff and hit the road for Augusta, Georgia, where we saw my cousin Anna and her husband Spencer. We visited the Morris Museum of Art, walked along the Savannah River, and finished the night with an awesome dinner at The Rooster's Beak.

Photobucket
Photobucket
Photobucket
Photobucket
Photobucket

On Sunday we headed to Charleston, South Carolina! We arrived in the afternoon and walked around the beautiful downtown and toured the historic Aiken Rhett House. 

Photobucket
Photobucket
Photobucket
Photobucket
Photobucket
Photobucket

It amazes me how many adorable little houses and gardens there are in Charleston! It's one of the things I sometimes miss about the south when I come back home to New Jersey!

Photobucket
Photobucket
Photobucket
Photobucket
Photobucket

Saturday night we had a wonderful dinner at Magnolias Restaurant. I got a veggie plate (with fried green tomatoes, veggies, and a tasty potato cake), and my parents and I shared a slice of pecan pie for dessert.  Yum!!

Photobucket
Photobucket

That night I also got to see my friend Laura. We interned together in Savannah in the summer. It was so wonderful to catch up with her!

More Charleston pictures to come soon!