Oct 24, 2011

Indian Creek Falls

On Monday, October 10th (my goodness, am I behind!) my dad and I headed to the deep creek area of Smoky Mountain National Park to hike the Indian Creek Falls trail.

Photobucket

This was the last day of our trip (for more, see here, here, and here). We saw beautiful waterfalls, and the weather was absolutely perfect!

Photobucket
Photobucket
Photobucket
Photobucket
Photobucket
Photobucket
Photobucket

After hiking the falls, we got into the car to head back to Atlanta. On the way, we stopped at a farm stand and ate lunch at Rabun Lake again. There were huge storm clouds, and the lake looked stunning! Aren't these old bridge supports eerily beautiful?

Photobucket

When we got back to Atlanta, my dad had a few hours before he needed to go to the airport, so we headed to Yeah! Burger, in the highlands. I got a delicious veggie burger with grilled onions, avocado slices, and sunflower pesto, and we split Texas caviar (cilantro, Mexican cheese, beans, onions, and tomato) and delicious, sugar dusted sweet potato fries. Yum!

Photobucket
Photobucket
Photobucket