Sep 9, 2011

Sunny Side Up


The past three weeks have been such a blur! I started my junior year of college, and I already have so much work. On top of that, I’m juggling lots of activities while applying to spend next semester at University College London! Can you believe it's already fall? What are you most looking forward to for the season? I'm psyched for sweaters, crunchy leaves, and pumpkin spice lattes!  

Photobucket

Two weeks ago, I went to the Morningside Farmer’s Market and the DeKalb World Market in Atlanta. I went with friends, and even though it was for a class assignment, we still had a total blast! Morningside is a small market in the Virginia Highlands that offers local organic produce, and I had a blast looking at all the food offered! I ended up getting some pea shoots (slightly spicy, super tasty greens). We also headed across the street to Alon’s Bakery and Market, where I got a delicious carrot apple muffin for breakfast. 

Photobucket
Photobucket

Afterwards, we went to the DeKalb World Market. The space is incredible (sadly they don’t allow pictures); it was wall-to-wall filled with awesome, exotic grains, cheap spices, awesome bread and produce, and fantastic looking cheeses. I was in foodie heaven! I ended up buying some whole wheat couscous and some organic millet. That night, I cooked my friend Emily and I dinner with my millet, pea shoots, fresh garlic, olive oil, and goat cheese. Yum!

Photobucket
Photobucket
Photobucket

That weekend I also went hiking at Stone Mountain and to the High Museum of Art with a friend. We had a blast making fun of (and appreciating) the art, and the view from Stone Mountain was beautiful! 

Photobucket
Photobucket
Photobucket

Labor Day weekend I went to visit my cousin Anna and her husband in Augusta, Georgia. They had a bunch of their old college friends from University of Georgia (UGA) over to watch the first college football game of the season. Even though UGA lost, we still had a blast watching the game and eating food. We also got to see Super 8 (playing at the dollar theater!) the next morning before I headed back to Atlanta, where I went to the Decatur Book Festival and Farm Burger with my friend Karl. 

What are you plans for the weekend?