Dec 3, 2010

All A-Flurry

What are you looking forward to for December? I just love this time of year! Hot chocolate, chunky scarves, Christmas lights, snow, and family. All the best things ever.

Photobucket
Photobucket
 Photobucket
( Shirt: Gap, Black Jeans: J. Crew, Boots: Bass Outlet )

If you know anything about Judaism (or even if you don’t) you’ll enjoy this video. I’m not Jewish, but I still loved it! If you celebrate, Happy Hanukkah!

Photobucket

Oh goodness guys; I’m so freakishly excited for Christmas! I’m completely and totally in love with this Christmas in a Bottle idea. Check it out!

Photobucket

Zara is killing me. I’m not usually one to go for animal prints, but I’m in love with their leopard print dress and this super sweet leather sequin dress. This sweet little number also stole my heart; check out the darling pattern!

Photobucket
Photobucket
Photobucket

Thanksgiving was a blast! I woke up to snow flurries, and my Grandmother came to celebrate with my family. For hors d'œuvres we had cheddar from our August trip to Canada, some sharp cheddar from Washington state, brie, and a cheddar and leek dip, along with roasted chestnuts, crackers, and roasted pecans.  

Photobucket
Photobucket

My mom made enough food for an army; green bean casserole, wine infused onions, oven roasted asparagus, sweet potatoes, mashed potatoes, stuffing, gravy, homemade cranberry sauce, and, of course, a turkey. For dessert we had Crème Brule, apple strudel, pecan pie, pumpkin pie, and whipped cream. Whew! I ate so much I promptly fell asleep right afterward. How did you spend your Thanksgiving?

Photobucket

Friday and Saturday were spent shopping with my grandma for Christmas and my mom for jeans (I have the worst time finding any!). I was so excited; I found the absolute perfect pair of black leather boots! I can’t wait to unwrap them and act all surprised. Friday night one of my best friends and I went to a Boarders closing sale, and we snagged some awesome Star Wars posters. Afterward we went to our friend’s house with a few other people to chat about college and watch silly YouTube videos (including llamas with hats. Watch it.). Saturday night I went to see Harry Potter 7 again, which was super fun!

Sunday was spent packing, lazing around, and figuring out college friend’s Christmas presents. I got brunch with my friend Missy at a popular diner in town, and it was so nice to catch up. On Monday I left home to go back to Atlanta and my last full week of class! Tuesday night after sorority chapter my big and I ate dinner together and caught up. Wednesday I had dinner at Saba, where I had the most tasty pumpkin ravioli! It might have been a date. Maybe. He paid! To wrap up the week, on Thursday I went to the Gamma Phi Beta holiday party, complete with a Secret Snowflake giveaway (I got a sweet mug and candy!) and gingerbread house making! Yum.

listening to:
another year has gone by – celine dion