Aug 20, 2013

Forest Park

 photo IMG_5866_zpsbb8eb02d.jpg

To read more about my adventures in Portland, Oregon click here!

Towards the end of July Hannah and I decided to visit Forest Park to get a little hiking in without leaving the city. It's one of the country's largest urban forests, and it's located just west of downtown! We ended up wandering one of the trails towards the north of the park. It was such a relaxing way to spend a few hours, and it was great to get into the forest to escape from the heat--it had been in the upper 80's and low 90's that week! Even though the park can get super busy we didn't see too many people on the trail we took, which gave me this wonderful feeling of peaceful solitude. I absolutely can't wait to go back to the park in the fall--I'm sure the trails will be even more stunning when the leaves are changing! Also, how cute is that little snail above? I'm convinced he was totally hamming it up for the camera.

Today was my first day of work at Old Navy. I'm working shipment, which means I help get the store ready in the morning before customers arrive. We unpack boxes, hang clothes, and fold tons of jeans. It also means working super early (6 AM), which I'll need to get used to! I definitely need to work on getting faster at unpacking, but I really enjoyed the work and the people at my store are super nice. I'm also super pumped to learn about working the floor!

 photo IMG_5913_zps65b4b7ad.jpg  photo IMG_5907_zpsab1cd871.jpg  photo IMG_5827_zps03edfc4d.jpg  photo IMG_5846_zps616722cd.jpg  photo IMG_5835_zpsdd5422d6.jpg  photo IMG_5887_zpse83ec869.jpg  photo IMG_5880_zps96bd6e62.jpg  photo IMG_5808_zps8f34f808.jpg  photo IMG_5802_zpse250e91b.jpg