Aug 4, 2012

Scotland: Edinburgh Castle

Photobucket
Views from my semester abroad.

On our last day in Scotland, Hayley, Blair and I went to Edinburgh Castle. Unfortunately, it was a bit cold and rainy, but that just made the indoor exhibits all the more interesting. We saw the crown jewels and tons of history, including old prisons that actually held American colonists!

After visiting the castle we got lunch at The Cellar Door, where I had a pear and walnut salad with balsamic and blue cheese and a grilled pepper, eggplant, and goat cheese sandwich. I also got to try some of Hayley's vegetarian haggis, which was actually pretty good! After lunch we visited the National Gallery of Scotland (which was okay) and Royal Scottish Academy (which was awesome!). Late in the afternoon we got our luggage and headed to the airport, where I caught a plane to London (for my last three days abroad!), and Hayley and Blair jetted off to Ireland.

Photobucket Photobucket Photobucket Photobucket Photobucket Photobucket Photobucket Photobucket Photobucket