Jul 20, 2012

Recipe: Black Bean, Corn, and Edamame Salad

Photobucket
This summer I've been doing Friday night potluck dinners with friends. It's been a great way to catch up, meet a few new people, and experiment with new recipes! I recently found a black bean, corn, and edamame salad recipe on Pinterest, and this Friday I finally had the perfect excuse to try it out. I added a few small touches of my own to the recipe and I think it was a hit!

You'll need:
1 red onion
1 red pepper
3-4 cups cooked edamame
1.5 cans of black beans, drained
2 cobs of corn, cooked, with the corn cut from the cob
3 tablespoons olive oil
2 tablespoons canola oil
3 tablespoons fresh lime juice (I used key limes)
3 medium garlic cloves, pressed
1 tablespoon agave nectar
1/4 cup fresh cilantro

Serves six to eight as a side dish.

Mix the edamame, corn, and black beans in a large bowl. Dice the red onion and red pepper and add them to the bowl. Add the olive oil, canola oil, and lime juice and mix well. Add the garlic, agave, and cilantro and mix. Store in the refrigerator for at least an hour and serve chilled.