Jun 29, 2012

Pennsylvania: Center City Philadelphia

Today my friend Emily and I took a little day trip into Philadelphia! Exploring the city was on my checklist of things to do before I head back down to Georgia for the rest of the summer. I'm so glad I made it; I had a blast wandering the city with a good friend who I don't get to see nearly often enough!

While in Philadelphia we saw the Liberty Bell, walked around Center City exploring some of the parks, and cooled our feet in the fountain at Love Park (it was crazy hot!). We also got lunch at the Reading Terminal Market, one of my favorite spots in the city. When I was little, my parents used to take my sister and I for fresh soft pretzels and fruit smoothies, and that's what we ended up getting today, too! Later in the afternoon we  also got gelato at Capogiro's to help beat the heat- I got cream cheese and kiwi. So good

Photobucket Photobucket Photobucket Photobucket Photobucket Photobucket Photobucket Photobucket Photobucket Photobucket Photobucket Photobucket Photobucket Photobucket Photobucket Photobucket Photobucket Photobucket Photobucket Photobucket Photobucket Photobucket Photobucket