Mar 4, 2012

London: Borough Market

Last week was jam packed with market visits. On Wednesday, my friend Allie and I visited Camden Market after class, and on Friday we headed to Borough Market for lunch!

Photobucket

Camden Market might be one of my favorite places in London. There's produce, food, clothing, and crowds of people who are just as colorful as the goods for sale. Allie and I wandered the stalls and we both got vegan brownies (Allie's vegan! Mad props.). And you know what? They were actually amazing. Like, really really good. Only problem? I was so caught up in chocolatey goodness that I forgot to take a picture.

Photobucket
Photobucket
Photobucket
Photobucket
Photobucket
Photobucket
Photobucket
Photobucket

On Friday Allie and I caught the tube to Borough Market. It was my first time there, and I really enjoyed it! There was a ton of amazing produce (I got two delicious avocados for just fifty pence!) and some really tasty prepared food. 

Photobucket
Photobucket
Photobucket
Photobucket
Photobucket
Photobucket
Photobucket
Photobucket
Photobucket
Photobucket
Photobucket

I ended up getting spicy red lentil soup and some fantastic carrot cake--with lemon mascarpone cream cheese icing--for lunch. Yum. 

Photobucket

I'm pretty sure I ate my weight in samples before we even bought food... I don't eat out too often but, when it comes to the markets, I just can't help myself. I'm supporting small businesses (at least the ones with delicious, sugary treats), okay?