Jan 14, 2012

London: Parliament Square at Night


I'm throughly convinced that London at night might be the most magical thing ever. Maybe even better than New York City at night. There's something about ancient and new buildings lit up side by side that I can't get over.

Photobucket

Thursday morning Hayley and I headed to the Bloomsbury Farmer’s Market, where I got an eccles cake from one of the stands. Eccles cakes are pastries filled with currents and topped with brown sugar. I ate mine for lunch and it was absolutely delicious!

Photobucket

I spent the day being productive and sorting out classes and housekeeping things. Then, at 5:30 PM, a few Emory kids and I went to Evensong Choral Services at Westminster Abbey. I can honestly say I have never experienced anything like it; the choir was absolutely unearthly and hauntingly beautiful, and the service was incredibly moving. Afterwards, we walked around Parliament Square at night and took a quick walk down the Victoria Embankment to see the London Eye at night! Hence, my newfound obsession with nighttime adventures. 

Photobucket
Photobucket
Photobucket
Photobucket
Photobucket

Lampposts as tripods? Yes, I really am that awesome.