Oct 11, 2011

Tallulah Gorge State Park

This weekend was fall break, so my dad flew to Georgia and we went to Smoky Mountain National Park to go hiking! I had a total blast; it was so nice to get outside, see the beautiful fall colors, and spend time with my dad!

Photobucket

Friday night, my dad I went to Cafe Sunflower, an awesome vegetarian restaurant in Atlanta. The food was phenomenal; my dad and I got the vegan ginger, apple, and carrot soup to start, and we split our main dishes. I got handmade ravioli with kaboacha squash, spinach, veggies, and tofu ricotta. My dad got the southern polenta napolean, which was a polenta sandwich with mushroom, ham, tofu, and veggies. Yum! After dinner, we drove around the city for a bit and finished up the night with dessert at a European coffeehouse, Cafe Intemezzo.

On Saturday morning, before heading to the park, my dad and I went to Sweet Melissa's in Decatur for breakfast. I got delicious pumpkin pancakes, and he got grits, a biscuit, and eggs. After brunch, we walked around Decatur and stopped by the Decatur World Market to stock up for the weekend, and then we hit the road!

Photobucket
Photobucket
Photobucket

On the way to North Carolina, we stopped at Tallulah Gorge State Park (in Georgia), were we went down a million stairs to see the waterfall at the bottom of the gorge. It was beautiful!

Photobucket
Photobucket
Photobucket
Photobucket
Photobucket
Photobucket
Photobucket
Photobucket
Photobucket
Photobucket

Check back soon for a few more posts about the trip!